Monday, February 11, 2013

Going Red In The Head

Wind last night and I saw birds today. This, my head, sees red and goes efficiently to corners. It all seems the best. So true it’s the best. Now might be the time for me to try and understand a boat as more than a pleasure craft. How many boat voyages did old Ben Franklin take? I could read his journals, one by one, get a grant to witness everything in his own writing and then come up with a number. Maybe a number like 114, or 78. Maybe those are way, way off. Maybe Ben Franklin took hundreds and hundreds of boat voyages, on lakes, seas, and rivers. Weren’t there a lot of ferries in his day? Well, my conscience and I both know I’m not going to bother. I don’t even know why I thought about Ben Franklin as a water traveler. I could have thought of August Wilson or Boëthius. They’re from different times, but I’ll bet they both made water voyages.

No comments: