Thursday, September 28, 2006

Weird Things Worldly

Heavy, ripe and heavy. Laguna tears et al and freedom from trust. Freaking out is so strange, I have that old apocalyptic feeling again, like the world is undergoing phase shift and I am in the middle of something that I cannot control. Fragments of dreams. Holding on to a comet that decided for a time to revolve around our planet, green and strange, hard to see what was inside it, but everyone had a vague feeling like it was alive. I thought to myself that I could hold on to this comet and continue holding on until it moved away from my own planet, Earth, and travelled to another planet with an atmosphere and people, but then I was afraid of lack of oxygen. Was the air I was breathing while holding on to the comet there because the comet had its own atmosphere or because it was using the atmosphere of the earth? I don't think I was alone on the comet. I think I was there with a woman, but I don't think it was with a woman I was "with." But I think I might have been romantically interested in her. I ultimately decided not to continue to hang on to the comet because I didn't want to suffocate in space without any oxygen and I remembered that in space time there was no way I could live for the aeons it might take for the comet to get to another planet, and who knew if it would be inhabitable or not? Sheesh, then I wondered about stars and in this dream, not that one, this one where I am alive and never sure what the nature of consciousness is, what about the possibility that stars have consciousness, I mean, if rocks and trees house sprites or spirits, why not stars? It's a conundrum, because stars are a friendly lot, when you see them from a distance, but as you get closer and closer they get hot and start to bug you, especially if you get way too close. I sand tree parts down to meet my needs. Tree parts are everywhere, wood on the rooftops and in walls and sitting on wood, so many world citizens using wood. Thanks trees, for not chopping back at us. And fish? Yesterday I thought about fish a tiny bit and ate chicken for dinner from Lucky Wishbone, fantastic fried chicken that can't be beat, so hot and juicy and they give you garlic toast and French fries with your order...it's just delightful. Especially when you are reading about the treason of Ezra Pound. Clay and fire make weird things worldly.

No comments: